Monroe Shops was built in 1914 and is one of the only publicly owned buildings on the National Historic Register. Prior to our restoration project, was the victim of a failed foundation and a crumbling outer shell. After evaluating the facility, APM designed plans to underpin the foundation, as well as add a new basement under the facility and an underground mechanical equipment area. APM also provided Civil design services for the building and was actively engaged in the construction management of the project. The building is now the new DART police headquarters and has won several awards, including the 2013 ACEC National Recognition Engineering Excellence Award. In addition, the project was awarded Platinum LEED certification.